Friday, December 11, 2009

What's the matter with you man

There's not a cent I could scrounge off this, but this is alright, because I like the familiar newness of it all. It says 'Hello, I need you to stop making those noises with your mouth so I can hear myself think' like nothing does.
A minute goes by, and every silent move is a supersonic reality. He pulls back his hair, and it sounds like a sigh. A scratch, and a tap of the foot, added to something being dragged across the floor combines with the sound of my eardrums throbbing. It makes a symphony of mess in my head. It's the map I leave for you, in times like this, when I am not making sense.

I am trying to say I need myself to think so I can finally piece together what I've been feeling for the past 3 odd months coherently. But I can't. And I can't write anything, although so much has happened that I would like you to know about. I've started to rely far too much on what songs can say for me, instead of actually writing. You know, I'm just being lazy.

1 comment:

  1. Take what these songs say, and twist the words into your own shape.

    ReplyDelete