Monday, February 22, 2010

Once upon a time

she tells me a story about her life. It's a central image actually, around which her life revolves. It's Jessie Weston and James Frazer for Eliot and his resulting masterpiece. It's archetypes to human free association. I am only trying to impress upon you the significance of the image. Think of a snapshot that captures your heart, soul and emotion. It is not my story, but it's the story of my life, and yours, and it is sensual, it's every feeling between happy and sad.

Tell Mina that image is every image in my head, it's every moment in my life. It is a snapshot of a beautiful sunny day at the beach and the details are so vivid, it is devastating. Those details make up my life. I can spot a grain of sand, because it calls to me, and only me, and you. The ocean sings to me, I can feel the tenors in every sparkle where the oblong rays of the sun fall on the ripples of my kingdom and it ebbs and flows and crashes in my ears, making a symphony of my life. I can spot seashells in the swollen belly of the shore, and the pregnant wave is ready to hit my knees, and I am ready to collect the seashells. And I'm waiting for the water so I can sink my hair and submerge my soul. It fills in me such a feeling of fulfillment and contentment, and my head is filled with circles. I always find circles are laden with so much meaning, don't you? I am waiting for the moment to happen. I am thinking of only one thing: I must collect the seashells, because laughter filled with joy and rapture surrounds me, and it is my best friend, and my teacher, and his sister, and my lover, and you, and her, all around me. There are so many beautiful seashells, and I am a collector of the highest caliber. It leaves me there, and I'm sure only you and everyone can understand the spectrum of emotions in my life. Every feeling between happy and sad.

1 comment: